Gforce Performance Chip - Simple Review #1399482338

Chip was completely worthless and the company refused to refund...

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 07, 2014.

Gforce Performance Chip - Was cursed at By Robert for simply asking when my product would ship

I ordered a chip for my truck on 4/20 - on 4/30 the product still did not ship. I called to get status on the order.

A guy answered without giving his name. I politely asked what his name was and he answered "This is GForce Chips what do you need" Stunned by that response I asked for status on order and was told it would be out this week. I could not believe the service this guy was giving me on the phone. He said hi name was Robert and after hounding him for his supervisor he said he was the VP of sales and his boss was Terry.

I have never been treated this way before by a company. Robert then begin using profanity and accusing me of coming across as being "entitled"!!! Of course I'm entitled I thought....I'm the customer?? I gave you money for a product.

Needless to say I stopped payment for the product and I cancelled the order immediately. Will never even think to use this company for anything.

Horrible Service!! Buyer Beware!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 30, 2014.

Comments

This is the e-mails to and from this company:

as I said, once again, I am not responsible for this pkg!

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM, G Force - Customer Support wrote:

For the last time this shipped Usps not ups. Usps is the United States Postal Service.

Thank you!

Customer Service | G-Force Performance Chips www.gfchips.com -------- Original message -------- From: hidden Date:08/12/2014 5:40 PM (GMT-08:00) To: G Force - Customer Support ,Scott Cowart Subject: Re: Order #341178 - Shipped I will return this if I am here to deny the item, If it does not require a signature I would suggest that you call ups and require one because if they simply drop it off on my front door you will need to send ups back to my home to get it. The ball is in my court now because I just cancelled that card. You left me no choice after the conversation with you today.

I will not drive to UPS, get it! Funny you still dont give a name? Thats okay because I dont need it now. I would suggest you get on the phone to UPS about now!

Your ruddiness got you no where! On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM, G Force - Customer Support wrote: You haven’t been charged Scott. This was mistakingly shipped. All you have to do is deny shipment in order to never hear from us again.

If you choose to keep the product, then there will be an issue. Thank you! Customer Service | G-Force Performance Chips www.gfchips.com From: Scott Cowart [mailto:hidden] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:09 PM To: G Force - Customer Support Subject: Re: Order #341178 - Shipped You dont want to give me your name? You don't reply to my e-mails?

You hang up on me when all I am doing is trying to settle this matter! You have bean told that we didnt want this product and you were asked to cancel the order. Your letter to me, in case you dont remember! Also included is my initial letter to you.

G Force - Customer Support Aug 8 (4 days ago) Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. We are in receipt of your email, and have respectfully cancelled your order. Voided transactions and refunded transactions can take up-to 4 business days to appear back in your account, but please be assured the credit was processed today.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email us back. Thank you! Customer Service | G-Force Performance Chips www.gfchips.com From: Scott Cowart [mailto:scowartaustin@gmail.com] Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 10:37 AM To: G Force - Customer Support; Scott Cowart Subject: chip order I just bought a chip from you today. I called the BMW service today and asked the question "does this mess with my extended warranty" and they told me it would void it.

I would like to get a refund, please. My order number is: 341178 Date of order: 8/8/2014 10:17 AM Gregory Scott Cowart On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Scott Cowart wrote: Why did this ship. The order was canceled minutes after being made? Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone -------- Original message -------- From: G-Force Customer Service Date:08/12/2014 11:52 AM (GMT-06:00) To: Gregory Cowart Subject: Order #341178 - Shipped Hello Gregory Cowart, This email has been sent to inform you that your payment, #341178, has been updated.

Keep this email for your personal records. Order Details Status: Shipped Order Number: 341178 Order Date: 8/8/2014 10:17 AM Shipping Method: Flat Rate Shipping Tracking Number(s): 9400110200883307474643 Payment Method: Credit card payment

Fake gadget, there is no way a two wire connection can communicate with your ecu and program it.

GforceChips

We apologize for the issues you had with our sales team. We will look into this issue further to ensure it doesn't happen to any future customers.

If the order is cancelled, then a full refund has been submitted and there is no monetary loss.

Please let us know if there are any other issues we can resolve for you.

to GforceChips #822426

Bull *** these chips are fake af

View more comments

Gforce Performance Chip - Chip was not that easy to install and they wouldn't refund all money.

The instructions were to locate the 2 wires to the intake air sensor, only problem was there were 5 wires to the unit and any 2 didn't work out. Also this would leave physical evidence that would probably void the warrantee if removed.

I e-mailed them to find out how to go about returning the chip because I didn't want to jeopardize my warrantee and the instructions were incomplete. I was told to just send it back, of which I did. What they didn't tell me is that the refund is only about 66% of the price I paid. That's a $18 restocking fee I wasn't told about.

Also reviews on the chip say that the majority of the people got worse mileage when installed.

Not what I wanted. Big rip off.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 29, 2014.

Comments

GforceChips

Thanks for working with us, and we apologize for any misunderstanding with your order. We have made an exception and refunded back the full restocking fee and shipping charges. We hope you will try our product in the future.

Union, New Jersey, United States #811640

I'm sorry, while this product may be a rip-off, (it seems there are several companies selling the same "chip" actually a $3.00 resistor, under several diff. names for the same $69.00).

But they do clearly state the restocking fee in the Q&A, etc.

The thing they DON't is ...a company address. Why would you do business with a company who won't put their address in their ads?

to anonymous Los Angeles, California, United States #812311

You may be mistaken, the address and contact information for our company is located on our website:

And a quick FYI, there are no other company's that sell the SAME product as ours. Gforce Chips doesn't license our technology to any other company.

There may be "similar", but nothing like our product. They are made in-house in our factory in Irvine.

Gforce Performance Chip - I ordered a g-force chip without reading real reviews

After ordering the g-force chip I thought I was getting a good deal. After reading REAL people's reviews I called to see if I could cancel my order and the customer service man was extremely rude and tried reassuring me that they were what the website said they were and then hung up on me.

I'm definitely not going to splice anything that is going to basically just glitch my car out. These chips are not good for your car don't order one and if you do cancel right away if you don't want to pay a restock fee and the return shipping and good luck talking with customer service because there not plesent.

I thank all of you that have sacrificed your car or truck and wrote a review cause I would have installed it too. Thanks again for the reviews.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 18, 2014.

Buffalo, New York, United States #804574

I too have been duped by gforce. I received it but I am afraid to even try it after reading damage results by others.

My own fault for not reading reviews before ordering. What Kills me is, how do these bogus companies continue doing rip-off business? Why aren't their websites flagged to prevent further losses by others.

I guess the only answer is to research all internet companies before entering into any online purchases. Rot in *** gforce, you scumbags!

Beaverton, Oregon, United States #803919

I know resistor chips work. I don't know what the g force chip is constructed of exactly, but I was told they I'll hey 3-5 mpg, and ten torque and twelve horsepower.

I have a 2000 Saturn l series. It must obviously just be a resistor set up because. There was no "custom build." For the bulky head and intake/ exhaust......? Let's hope it works.

Maybe ill throw it on my buddies dyno.

Then ill have set proof!?.......

GforceChips

As a representative for GForce Chips, I want to point out an interesting fact. These items are NOT for sale within California.

Given that you are in Sacramento CA, I believe you are NOT a real customer of ours. If you are, feel free to email us directly to resolve any issues you are having with your product.

to GforceChips Union, New Jersey, United States #811642

I must ask, why isn't your address in your ads? And are all three companies selling chips for the magical $69.00 owned by your company under different names?

Funny how none of them have an address.

And if you're actually selling a $3.00 resistor to try and fool the sensors in the ICU to retard the timing and dump more fuel in, how can you call it "a chip"? It's not really a computer chip, is it?

to anonymous #812310

View more comments

Gforce Performance Chip - File a complaint with your credit card company and they will get your money back.

GForceChips.com

BBB file opened: Business started: 07/11/2010 in CA Business started locally: 07/11/2010

Type of Entity

Sole Proprietorship

Business Management

Ms. Christina Ho

Contact Information

Principal: Ms. Christina Ho

Number of Employees

Phone: (949) 257-2447 View Additional Phone Numbers 17595 Harvard Ave #C-194, Irvine, CA 92614

BBB® A- Rating

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating BBB Ratings System

This company offers auto parts.

BBB Accreditation

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for GForceChips.com include:

Length of time business has been operating

Factors that raised the rating for GForceChips.com include:

Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.

Response to 18 complaint(s) filed against business.

Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.

BBB has sufficient background information on this business.

Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details

Delivery Issues 0

Guarantee/Warranty Issues 3

Problems with Product/Service 14

Total Closed Complaints 18

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 05, 2014.

Union, New Jersey, United States #811643

Thats 2 weeks after you receive the chip, not after install. Most people cannot get to the mechanic that fast, can they?

Wouldn't it be more fair to offer 2 weeks after install, as long as they have a receipt from a genuine, licensed shop? js.

GforceChips

Thanks for your post. We want to point out our return policy on our products.

We offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY on our product, and a 2 week trial period when you receive your product.

If you wish to return the item within that period, we offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you installed and tried our product. Please email us directly with any direct questions or issues as we are always here to help.

Gforce Performance Chip - Like an ***-DIDNT READ REVIEWS AND RESEARCH!!!

Since i have been adding every type of bolt-on power i can to my 2013 Ram 1500 R/TZ , i decided to give this a try. Well after setting up my account , and paying for the product i went back to my account and realized that there was no way to leave my personal reviews on the product.

That was on a saturday night, so i called sunday morning and tryin to contact someone seems to be impossible since you cant leave a message for anyone to recieve. So i am going to try again on monday first thing in the morning! I will try to STOP them from ever even trying to make the junk they will send me .

I will update from here on monday and see what happens. Here goes the word battle !!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 26, 2014.

Comments

GforceChips

Thanks for your post. We did respectfully cancel and refund your payment at your request.

Please let us know if there are any other questions or concerns. We will be happy to help.

Gforce Performance Chip - GForce chip scam

Featured

I took the unit apart. Came in a small aluminum container.

The 'chip' and the PC board it was on were a joke. Pure scam. The circuit is nonsense. Not being without power is the least of it's problems.

They tell you not to cut the wire it connect to for a reason - it does nothing.

After being shouted at for a while and given the runaround I eventually got some money back.

It's a scam that relies on people imagining results or being able to brush them off when they ask for a refund. They could never provide power improvements such as they claim and common sense told me this, but there was enough propaganda out there to get me to ***.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 12, 2014.

New York, New York, United States #816805

As others have admitted, I ordered a "chip" without doing my usual research. I am so surprised to hear that the response from the company was rude and disrespectful.

My item is ordered, but I have not received it yet.

I am going to ask for a refund before I even get the item. I will not compromise my new Vette.

I also won't stand for someone being rude to me.

GforceChips

Our unit is a specifically tuned set of resistors that manipulate your IAT sensor with our set-signal, further tuning your vehicle. You can verify this by simply putting a multimeter at the end of the connectors of our module verifying there is a complete circuit.

In all tests third parties have done on our modules, on the dyno and in the lab, they have seen increased power and fuel economy. We have real third party results found directly on our website.

to GforceChips New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #822162

it is not possible to get more horsepower & better fuel economy it just doesn't logically make sense more power means more air & fuel put into the engine block to create higher compression

thetreeguy
Hudson, Florida, United States #787875

the board that u show isnt even the one that is in the unit,r u that *** to use a different board just to knock something u probably ordered wrong.

to thetreeguy #876535

Look at the pic it says Gforce right on it so u think someone went to the trouble to have it altered just to get a refund?

Brecksville, Ohio, United States #779910

HAD PROBLEMS WITH CHIP SENT IT BACK. TWO WEEKS NEVER HEARD ANYTHING FROM THEM AND SENT EMAIL TO REFUND TO MY CREDIT CARD THEY EMAILED BACK I WAS AN *** AND GOOD LUCK GETTING A REFUND.

CALLED CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY GAVE ME A CREDIT FOR RETURN AND WAS GOING AFTER GFORCE TO GET THEY'RE MONEY BACK. THERE SCAM IS TO RECALIBRATE YOUR ODOMETER TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING BETTER MILEAGE. BEFORE GFORCE CHIP 13-14 MPG CITY 18-20 HIGHWAY WITH A HEMI.

AFTER INSTALLING GOT 10-12 CITY 17 HIGHWAY. DON'T BUY IT ITS A SCAM.

to ALMOST TAKEN #976570

Explain to me how a digital chip alters an analog odometer....

to Anonymous #987654

All Analog Odometers these days are digital but with a needle to make it look analog but in fact its all digital. They started this back in late 80's early 90's on all cars and trucks. Look on the side of the transmission and you will see a digital output and not a cable like the old days.

Avoid GForce Performance Chips

Update by user Apr 19, 2014

I finally got my money back, thanks to Pissed Consumer. I'm done here.

Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2013

I installed one of their chips in my Escalade and got NONE of the promised benefits. I only sought some increase in mileage but careful tracking showed none.

Contacting customer assistance simply refers you to the fine print which negates the "no questions asked" guarantee. Calling gets you referred to sales and a vulgar, rude, insulting sales person who likes to drop the "F" bomb as part of his normal routine - in the first sentence after I simply asked for my money back.

I've tried several emails, normally receiving only terse, useless responses. Only positive interaction was with technical support when actually installing the product.

Since then, responses have either not happened or not helped.

Terrible personnel, useless product. Avoid at all costs!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 09, 2013.

Comments

GforceChips

Thanks for your post. After reviewing your order, a representative already issued you a full credit on 04/08/2014.

Please let us know if there are any other questions or concerns that come up. Sorry it did not work out for you.

GforceChips

We offer a 100% money-back guarantee. Please contact us directly and refer to this post and we can help resolve the issue by providing a full refund on your part if you are not enjoying the benefits advertised.

Dimarchid
to GforceChips #799458

I would love to get my money back. But when I tried, your sales rep told me to bug off, after getting very vulgar and rude.

Let me know how to get my $ back. Dave

to Dimarchid #800058

Thanks for your email today. Return request are always done in writing. We have provided you with the necessary information to return your item and obtain your full refund including shipping.

Dimarchid
to GforceChips #800321

Where do I find the necessary information that you say you provided me to affect my return?

View more comments

GFORCE Performance Chip - SCAM !!!!!

I wish I would have read these review articles before I wasted $75 on this piece of ***. Common sense tells me just a chip can't do what the company claims, yet I believed the money back guarantee if not 100% satisfied, and thought I would try it.

I tried to contact customer service to return the chip and have received no reply. Don't waste your time and money on this chip. You are better off putting that money into a cold air intake.

What puzzles me is why is this company still selling these chips? They should have been put out of business or thoroughly pummeled.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 04, 2013.

Comments

Yep this company is a total scam im going to complain to everyone i can BBB and File a complaint to the attorney general and constantly slam them on social media till they go out business.these people should goto jail for theft !

GforceChips

Emailing our company will result in an immediate response. We respond within 5 minutes or less typically during business hours.

Try it!

Contact us directly and refer to this post. We will get you taken care of with either a replacement if your part is defective, or a refund.

Gforce Performance Chip - Ordered Chip looked at instructions and emailed for Tech support Nothing

Called and they have the most rude customer service I have EVER come in contact with. I have tried the email route and get nothing but looking at the instruction that are supposed to be for my 2013 Tucson.

There is no way I am damaging wires to install this thing especially with the customer service no show. As most say after looking the whole thing over this could only trick the MAF/IAT function and if it ever needed replacing the wires would be damaged.

Learned a lesson in rudeness. Sending this chip back for hopeful refund, will not try this again.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 16, 2013.

Comments

GforceChips

Our units require a splice, NOT A CUT on the wire casing. If you are not comfortable with doing so, we do not believe our product is right for you. We have an easy to use return policy if you change your mind about our product.