Gforce Performance Chip - G force not what it is cracked up to be

I bought the G Force chips for 2 of my vehicles. I called the number on their site, spoke to someone there, they were very friendly and helpful. Assured me that if the product doesn't perform as expected, I get a full refund (no mention of restocking fees). I bought 2 chips for 2 cars, when they didn't come in, I called to inquire and I believe the owner answered. He was very short and very rude on the phone.

The chips arrived, they were helpful in sending me the diagrams to install and they assured me again that after installation, if I am not happy, I will get a 100% refund.

I installed them, drove 220 miles in one vehicle and 180 in the other. No difference at all in MPG. I called to inquire and they hung up on me several times while I am asking questions. They were rude, told me to email and that they don't offer phone tech support, even though they did when I was looking to buy the chips.

They sent me an RMA immediately and now I am waiting on my refund. I already contacted my CC company and let them know I may be disputing the charge. I hope it doesn't come to that.

I can say that they are the friendliest if you are buying something, but they will literally hang up the phone on you if you are trying to return something.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 27, 2015.

Comments

I can tell all of,you this. I have been a mechanic for 21 years and in theory this technology should work.

However, in my case as well it didn't work. As far as fooling the ecm into thinking that it is running colder, you should get more power. But mileage, no. Only in the rare case that the engine does not have to work as hard.

That is another story. I myself, had dealings with this company and spoke to me like I was the village *** by being condescending and rude. Then they deny it. Here is an example of the conversation: I emailed tech support after being talked to the way I mentioned and they told me that they will email the sales dept as I "obviously" don't know how to do so.

When I called sales, he told me,"that's like asking a janitor at a restaurant to bring your food." My response was,"it doesn't matter who I ask, if you represent that restaurant or this business then, you want your customers to return do you not?" I would have fired the janitor for talking to customer that way and I think your tech support is the janitor!" It was only after I filed a complaint with BBB that I received a refund. Please don't be bullshitted into thinking these things work as the case is rare that it will. The best but more expensive route is a programmer as it utilizes actual parameters that the Ecm uses versus simply air intake temp. And further more, it turned on my check engine light after 50 miles which of course they didn't believe me and after I removed that POS, the fault never came back.

So again, do not waste your time, money or oxygen on these people. I'm sure if they had face to face dealings they would be a lot nicer as I was so angry with the way I was open to I wanted to reach into the phone and wring his neck.

Oh well. I hope this was helpful to any and all.

GforceChips

Firstly, wanted to state our chips are dyno proven and tested for power, torque, and fuel economy by third party EXPERTS. They work excellent.

Secondly, we typically issue return authorization numbers by email, as well as help with technical support by email so we can more easily communicate with you and provide you with diagrams for a proper installation, etc. So if you ordered a product, and are wishing for a refund, you did the right thing by emailing us for an RMA.

Thank's for confirming publicly that our company provided you with an RMA immediately upon your request. A full refund will be issued within 14 days from the date our company receives your item(s) back.

Gforce Performance Chip - 2004 Chevy Impala Performance Chip Review from Valley Springs, California

1.8

So i bought this chip for a 04 Impala in i wanna say 09, worked great. The last few months our car has been acting weird dying on us when we come to a stop or its in any gear other then park and N low rpms random codes popping up and when we start it sometimes it dies some times itll wait n die when we put it in reverse and our check engine light keeps coming on.

Well my husband disconnected the chip let it run for a while, like he does every day, usually when he goes out to leave the check engine light is on well since he disconnected the chip no light car didnt die isnt running weird nothing.

Its back to normal. And we just spend prolly a good 800$ in parts that we thought were going out.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 19, 2015.

Comments

GforceChips

Thanks for your comments. I have tried to look up your order out there in Valley Springs, but haven't found any order for a 2004 Impala in Valley Springs, CA.

Additionally, we have only been in business since late 2010/early 2011. So it wouldn't have been possible to have bought it in 2009.

Regardless, please email us directly at sales@gforcechips.com.

We will be happy to look into and resolve your issue immediately.

Thanks!

-GForce

Gforce Performance Chip - Engine light

Eng light car power went flat.got new wiring instr applied with no better results removed this thing now my cars power is back. do not buy this junk.

Had a second unit for my Taurus SHO. I took the bat negative post loose.The car ran great for a while then when the 65-100 miles had been driven I started to lose power. remove the G-force. now my Lincoln LS and My Taurus SHO are back to normal.

My ford service mechanic told me that taking the bat loose puts the computer back to original setting so the car runs as it should but when it starts to re-set it picks up the g-force and does not want it.

So the car starts to loose power with or without a engine light.

Reason of review: Items not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 12, 2015.

Comments

GforceChips

Thanks for your comments! Although your results are not at all typical, and usually the cause is an incorrect installation.

Regardless, if you are not completely satisfied with your part, you are more than welcome to send it back to us to obtain a 100% refund on this part. Please email us at sales@gforcechips.com and we will be happy to resolve this issue immediately.

Gforce Performance Chip - Chip does not work on '08 6.4 diesel. Money back guarantee is a farce

I purchased the chip. They ask that you drive it for at least 100 miles for the "chip to kick in". I drove it for 1,000 miles under different conditions and it never kicked in.

I called for instructions on returning it since it is a money back guarantee and they said sorry you have only 14 days to return it.

I tired to give their product a fair chance and I end up eating a $60 lump of *#!.

Do not waste your money on this, it is a farce and the guarantee is a farce as well. Hopefully, the company will go out of business and stop taking people's money..

Reason of review: chip does not work and money back gurantee is a farce.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 27, 2015.

Comments

GforceChips

Please contact us. We will be more than happy to troubleshoot your installation, and refund if it is not what you are looking for.

Please email sales@gforcechips.com. As far as the 100 mile period goes, we suggest it could take up-to 100 miles to show full results as the electronics system "learns" the new product, but the dyno tests that were done by third party labs show results in less than 1 mile.

Gforce Performance Chip - ALERT ALERT ALERT! AMAZING PRODUCT AND SERVICES! Thanks GForce

5.0

I have been a GForce Customer for the past 3 years, referring family and friends to their services and products. I have always been pleased with Clay in technical support, and he helps me on sales as well.

They have never been rude to me like other "reviews" state. The problem with websites like this, is they allow unverified "buyers" to put any fake or false reviews up that it makes many reviews hard to believe. The products are the real deal. They work.

How do I know? Because I am an automotive mechanic who has been in the field for 30 years. I know what I am doing.

Try the product.

Ask for Clay. You won't be dissapointed.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Works beyond expectations, Product, Smooth online shopping, Easy install, Price.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 24, 2015.

La Place, Louisiana, United States #1177705

Curious how you are also an unverified customer leaving a post, you say you are a mechanic for 30 years, why not leave your business name, address and your name? surely many of us would love to see these products work and even becomes patrons of your establishment.

Sorry to have to say but after my experience below, I have great suspicion that you are actually one who is benefiting from the sales of this product that is a complete fraud.

A friend gave me one of these, I decided to open it , inside there is a little circuit board that initially looks like something real.

However if one looks closely you can see all the the traces on the board from both wires lead to an empty component location, nothing ever reaches the chip, (that itself is not capable of storing or processing an operation on its own even if it were connected).

This product is a total fraud, literally is a pretty aluminum case with a couple wires on it. Its exactly equivalent to connecting nothing to your engine.

Can you explain exactly how it modifies the ECU by simply piggy backing off the IAT. Isn't it essentially the same as other "performance chips' that simply fool the engine into thinking it is running cooler? How can it modify the ECU without actually remapping the ECU properly?

Appreciate your thoughts as I think most of these IAT hook ups are useless.

Gforce Performance Chip - Review in Equipment category from Mesa, Arizona

ALERT *** ALERT *** ALERT *** ALERT

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

I have no idea of where this company gets off thinking they can disrespect , lie and be as rude to people as they are. This company is a joke.

It *** me off that good people who treated people right offering a great product lost their business due to economy when there are jacked off companies run by *** like g-force still in business. This company should be out of business the way they treat people.

My advice , stay clear of this company and anything it has to offer , youll thank yourself later. I would also , if theres anyone else you know , if you care about them at all , youll advise them to do the same.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 23, 2015.

Comments

You complain with very poor grammar and punctuation, and you leave no explanation for why you feel the way you do about this company. This makes your review sound ignorant, and without base.

GforceChips

Our Customer bought our product on April 15th, 2015. When he bought our product, we quoted him 14 days for the item to arrive at his address.

He called today, which has been 8 days since his purchase, and accused us of not having the product arrive within the promised timeframe, which is absolutely incorrect.

According to his tracking number, 9400110200882584340023 through usps.com, it should be arriving by Saturday, which is well within our guaranteed delivery timeframe. Please don't hesitate to contact us at sales@gforcechips.com with any further questions or concerns.

Gforce Performance Chip - Simple Review #1429816658

Very bad customer service..I wanted to cancel my order and they refuse to do it..now I have to wait to get it so I can send it back

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 23, 2015.

Gforce Performance Chip - Didn't work at all

I put it on , it didn't work , I never saw a difference in my fuel mileage or in my power performance, and after asking a lot of the mechanics they say it was not worth it. I paid for a item and I got problem and ripped off.

After that my sincere for engine light has come on periodically. I've had take it to my mechanic over four times. And my mechanic keeps telling me the engine light keeps coming on because of me putting such a cheap item on my high performance truck. I have an Avalanche,2006 z71 and I do not recommend this product.

and would like my money back!!!!!!! and it would be that I can't find my receipt

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Refund, Customer service, Customer support runaround.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 12, 2015.

Comments

GforceChips

FYI, these items are not for sale within California, and we don't have any record of us selling an item for a 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche in Altadena, CA. Email us at sales@gforcechips.com if you are really a customer of ours to see what we can do to locate your order and resolve your issue.

Gforce Performance Chip - Total Satisfaction

Galena,Missouri

Priced several brands, several big names, several new to me , then I ran across Gforce. It is what I was looking for, 25-50% lower than the others.

Same promises and warranty on all. I had found a clean, affordable, 99 Lexus RX300 AWD. My Granddaughter needed an auto. First thing I thought of addressing was economy.

Gas mileage recorded in system computer was Average of 17mpg. After install of unit 24-26 was noticed on a regular basis. On 4/7/2015 an average of 29.4 was my best. Performance seemed flawless, smooth as ever.

Witnessed by several persons. Sold the auto yesterday for a fair price. Shopping for another Gforce, any product that shows me these results needs to be utilized.

Will easily pay for itself while increasing vehicle satisfaction. Thanks Gforce

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Product, Price, Smooth online shopping, Works beyond expectations, Easy install.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 08, 2015.

Gforce Performance Chip - GForce Chip WORKS!

5.0

I bought one for my 2012 Hyundai Veloster. Tried it for about a month, and saw excellent gains of power and fuel economy.

Most of the "reviews" you read here are most likely their competitors, or a customer that didn't install the product correctly. I really think the product is an excellent product and works. Most smart people know what it does, which is takes your intake sensor and changes the setting with resistors. Avoid reading and believing the hearsay on this website, and try it out for yourself.

You will be glad you tried it. I have already given recommendation to friends.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 05, 2015.

Comments

your so full of ***. no i did not nuy or get screwed by this company. buy real performance mods and not this snake oil.

how do we know you don't work for g-force?!?!