Gforce Performance Chip - Does not work

We got one ,installed it in a 2011 Kia Sorento, I was getting 24 mpg befor now in getting 20. I unplug it and ran 2 tanks , back to 24 mpg.

In my experience change your O2 sensor and spark plugs every 80 k and your mpg will rocket. The chip that worked was installed in the engine ecu, not map sensor, to be honest I got about 2 more mpg, oh well it depends on how fast u drive too and what kind of gas you buy, premium gas gives you better mpg and more power too so.....

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 05, 2015.

Comments

GforceChips

Strange, appears we have never sold a chip for a Kia Sorento to a customer in East Stroudsburg, PA. Most likely an invalid or fake review. Contact us directly at sales@gforcechips.com so we can help you with your issue if you are a real customer of ours.

Gforce Performance Chip - Major Scam

Ardmore,Pennsylvania

Save your money. This product should be on "60 Minutes" as how a scam can go on for years.

When you look inside it is nothing like the web site. Your check engine light will come on and will not go off. You do not get better gas mileage you actually get worse. Now how does that make sense.

Instructions were poor. Ask you self why they don't have the instructions on a PDF file on the web site so you can review before you purchase the product.

I called customer service and they asked me to put everything in writing and then hung up on me. A bunch of kids on a long term scam mission.

Fancy web site will do it. Don't be fooled.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 04, 2015.

Rogersville, Missouri, United States #969775

Gforce has a satisfaction policy. Use it and move on.

GforceChips

Appears to be a false review posted by a non-customer of ours. Our modules are tested by third party experts and are guaranteed to work. Reading false reviews on the web doesn't give you experience using our product.

to GforceChips #983493

How about addressing the poor customer service and the rude customer service rep? That piece of information, mentioned by many, is sufficient for me not to order the chip!

Gforce Performance Chip - Simple Review #1428099949

Gallup,New Mexico

Horrible customer service!!! The GForce chip did absolutely nothing for improving the mpg or horsepower.

They were extremely rude and angry I was sending it back. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 03, 2015.

Gforce Performance Chip - A scam, nothing else. We did a teardown of the device.

Brossard,Quebec

My father bought this for his Infiniti G37. When it arrived, we were puzzled by the product. It had only two wires which plugged into different sensors of the vehicle, which did not make any sense to us, both being electronic technicians.

We opened it up, and the only thing that was inside was a hex inverter chip soldered on a PC board. The best thing? It wasn't actually connected to the wires coming out of the device. It's an open circuit.

There is no way such a thing can physically alter the function of an engine. Even if it was connected to the chip, an hex inverter somehow connected to your air intake sensor will not remotely do anything to your car.

They've being stealing 70 bucks from each and everyone of their customers for years now, and they're still in business. How is this even possible?

With that, we can see how a properly designed website allows you to rob people for years on end with total impunity. Incomprehensible.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Offer a working product or get out of business..

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 03, 2015.

La Place, Louisiana, United States #1177712

I would like to second your review / findings. It is exactly what I found when I opened the one I have after also wondering how this could possibly accomplish the promised results.

I already left the details in another comment so I wont be redundant, but what you have said here is totally correct.

This product is a willful fraud, there is no way in any circumstance this product will provide any function whatsoever.

Fortunately for me, I didnt buy the product, a friend gave it to me after saying he didnt notice any improvement either.

You can bet if I had dropped $70 on this, I would be beyond angry now. Avoid this company.

GforceChips

Our modules are lab tested and dyno proven by third party, unbiased experts in the field. All of our claims are proven. I would definitely recommend you try our product out, or simply put a multimeter at the end of the leads to see that your analysis is incorrect.

I have bought a product from GForce, and your analysis is absolutely incorrect. The circuit goes through the 5 SMD Resistor Chips that are used to manipulate the IAT sensor's signal with a pre-set signal.

Just put a multimeter on the ends of the leads, you will be able to see a resistance of 30-40K ohms. Try it for yourself.

to Anonymous La Place, Louisiana, United States #1177714

Strange, on the board there is indeed locations for smd components, but they are all empty except for the one chip, so nothing ever conducts to the chip. My meter when connected to the leads show more than 30 Megaohms.

Its completly open, like connecting nothing at all. Even if it did connect to the chip, look it up, the chip has no relevant to the application capabilities.

This product is a complete deception. Goes to show the placebo effect is very real.

View more comments

Gforce Performance Chip - DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!

I purchase this CHIP like most without reading the good and bad reviews, ***, ***, me. The reviews on their web site say one thing.

All good of course. Wish I would have done a little more research. This CHIP does not work. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

After reading all the reviews I will not even try to contact customer service. I can tell by what I have read it wont do any good, so I will just take the lose and do a lot more research from now on.

Hopefully this COMPANY will go out of business soon, REAL SOON! Nothing they claim about this chip is true.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 25, 2015.

Candler, North Carolina, United States #964603

This rip chip has scam written all over it. Don't waist your $$$......S69 down the drain. Put a piece of duct tape on your air cleaner....You get the same results...NO more mpg....NO hp gain !..Had a problem installing wiring, called Tech support, Total ***....DON"T WAIST YOUR MONEY !

Gforce Performance Chip - Simple Review #1426700206

Worst people to deal with . I'm Canadian an they said we don't know how to use computers here an we are *** wow right . They hang up on you an give you fake names an give you the run around

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 18, 2015.

Gforce Performance Chip - SAVE YOUR $$$$$$$$ !!!

Installed a GForce chip on my 2005 GMC Sierra 5.3 gas. Truck had 50K before installation and was averaging 16.5 MPG city/highway.

After installation the first 3,000 miles (same type city/country driving) truck got 14.7MPG. After several calls to GForce they agreed to send me a replacement. Ohm reading was 3.7 ohms that they stated was defective. Replacement unit was installed and my mileage is still 1.9 MPG LESS with the chip hooked up.

NOW the rude tech advise I must pay for shipping and TESTING because I can't have 2 defective chips. Further they state sometimes the chip give you more HP, not MPG but he can't explain why??..Great useless product and Customer Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 13, 2015.

Gforce Performance Chip - Asked how "chip" works, any hardwirering?

told to place order, he was too busy with other customers. then was hung up on.

allmost called back because deal seemed good, but decided to read reviews. thankfully i did because i would not have known how many people had same bad expieriance as myself with customer support. eventually found out how chip works. you spend your money, follow directions (100 miles), and chip is out of warrenty (14 days).

very clever giant scam that is borderline theft, if not blatent theft. my opinion is gforce did not build a quality, or semi-quality product, but instead used advertising to sell magic rocks.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 03, 2015.

Gforce Performance Chip - Did not work for me!!!!!!

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.7 hemi. I bought this G-force chip about 2 months ago with the understanding that it would give me better gas mileage they said to use it for at least 100 miles but I do not drive the truck everyday so it took me a while to put the miles on.

I told them I don't drive the truck everyday and it would take me a few weeks to put that many miles on my truck and they said no problem. So I have driven the truck for over 200 miles and I did not receive better gas mileage or more power. I am very disappointed in the product I feel I have been ripped off and I would not recommend it to anybody. Also when I called to try to return this chip they told me no.

I would like to know what happened to their 100% guarantee.

Jim S.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Refund.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 02, 2015.

Fishers, Indiana, United States #957948

I contacted them asking them for actual test data for my RAM 1500 increase in mileage and dyno horse power increase. Needless to say they never responded.

I have been around a long time in racing and performance upgrades and would say 90% do nothing for any noticeable increase in HP or TQ or mileage increase. Thats why I asked.

Sorry for you getting ripped off. But, you have to think about it, $60 for this type of performance increase is to good to be true theory.

GforceChips

As per the terms agreed to during checkout, you agreed to our 14 day money-back guarantee, and our lifetime warranty. Although you are about 60 days past our 14 day money-back guarantee, we have made an exception and refunded your payment in 100% full including shipping charges. Please return the item back at your earliest convenience.

-GForce Support

Gforce Performance Chip - Mine was installed prior to me buying the vehicle...help

I bought a Tundra used, low miles and complete service history all at dealership where purchased originally. I found this (so to speak chip) on my truck, I didn't know what it was but thanks to you I do now.

NOW THE QUESTION FOR ME IS, HAS IT HARMED ANYTHING? I realize that gas mileage may not be what it should be based on what statistics say and what im seeing as an average.

Mainly, i'm concerned with the fact that i don't know what damage this could do to my truck. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 22, 2015.

Comments

I have it on a 04 impala and it has made several random vodes pop up on my var the check engine light comes on all the time it dies when in gear at a stop light or sign almost every time starts but then dies here n there unhooked it n took it off car is running perfectly fine no loght no dying. We replaced a bunch of stuff that the codes saod was wrong at the end we found out we didnt need the new parts.

My advise just take it off the truck. It does nothing to improve gas milage or performance or give u more power nothing

Mattapan, Massachusetts, United States #963472

Prolly not, it's just changing maf resistance and the ecu will compensate to a certain point. That's why these do nothing. Just disconnect and make sure factory wires are in tact.